This woman never thought that the flowers she had known for her entire life would actually cause death to her beloved kitten she brought home shortly after mother’s death. Elizabeth Mackie, 38, brought home a kitten who she then lovingly called Mr. Mistoffelees, or “Misto” and this kitten meant the world to her. Misto, being a cat, was drawn to the plants and thus started playing around with them like his toys.
One fine day Misto started fanning the leaves of some lilies that Elizabeth had received from her friend. Soon the orange-yellow pollen from the flowers started getting stuck on his face. Elizabeth saw the pollen and posted the picture on Facebook when some of her friends urged her to take Misto to the vet immediately. Pollen is poisonous to both cats and dogs and if ingested, can cause death.
She took Misto to the Leonard Brother Veterinary Clinic immediately, but on matter what the vets tried, they weren’t able to save his life. Misto died later that day from kidney and liver failure. Please share this important post with everyone you know.