A kitten that was accidentally trapped in a washing machine on a 60C cycle has made a full recovery.
Lisa Keefe, from Nottingham in the UK, did not realise that her Bengal crossbreed Bobby had climbed inside the washing machine for a nap. She raced to get him when she heard “a loud thudding noise” from inside the appliance.
The vet at the clinic who treated him said:
“In my 15 years as a vet, I’ve never seen a case like this.”
Nine-month-old Bobby was taken to Nottingham Pet Hospital on the verge of collapse and needed IV fluids to treat shock. His brush with death has lead him to be nominated for a PDSA (People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals) Pet Survivor award.
Read the rest of the story on the other page: