Ah, true, everlasting love! It’s the stuff we all dream about finding … and the plot behind an extensive number of films, songs, and other works of art. True love is more than infatuation or physical attraction, it’s the kind of connection that lasts a lifetime. As they say, good looks fade, but a good heart keeps you beautiful forever.
So, yes, decades may have passed between these sets of photos below, but the love is still there. In fact, if anything, these couples seem more in love in their current photos! They aren’t sharing their secrets to keeping the love alive, but just a quick look at all these photos will give you hope that true love is out there.
1. They met when they were three and enjoyed many a carousel ride. Years later, they’re taking the same trip, this time as newlyweds.
2. This couple recreates their wedding photo after seventy years of marriage. They look beautiful on the left, but on the right? Incredible.
3. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip have been photographed constantly over the years. Time has passed, their looks have changed, but their shared smiles have stayed the same.
4. This couple commemorates sixty years of marriage with a kiss that proves the passion is still there.
5. Is his wife a vampire? This man seems to think so, considering she looks exactly the same and can fit in the same exact dress twenty years later.
6. They started as flower girl and ring bearer before receiving the ultimate promotion to bride and groom twenty years later.
7. This couple hasn’t lost their sense of adventure. Forty years after their 1975 wedding, they’re still ready to ride off into the sunset.